Postdoctoral Research Associate
UNIVERSITYPhD., Computer Science, University of Cyprus, 2017
Dr Demetris Trihinas is currently a Faculty Member at the University of Nicosia, but also a Postdoctoral Fellow and member of the Visiting Teaching Staff at LINC. His research interests include Distributed and Internet Computing with particular focus in Big Data Analytics for Cloud and Edge Computing. His PhD dissertation targeted developing low-cost probabilistic and adaptive learning models for approximate monitoring in order to improve energy-efficiency and reduce both the volume and velocity of data generated and consumed by IoT services offered through the cloud. For the research conducted during his doctoral studies, he was selected by the Heidelberg Laureate Forum as one of the 100 young promising researchers in Computer Science for 2015. He additionally holds a Computer Science MSc from the University of Cyprus and a Dipl-Ing in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
Dr Trihinas has extensive experience in European research and innovation projects where he has participated as a Work Package Leader and Senior Researcher in multiple projects (e.g., Unicorn H2020, PaaSport FP7, CELAR FP7) funded under the European Commission FP7 and H2020 schemes. Additionally, he is the developer of the JCatascopia cloud monitoring system, the AdaM framework for IoT devices and also an active member of the Cloud Application Management Framework (CAMF) which is an official Eclipse Foundation project. His work is published in IEEE/ACM journals and conferences such as Trans. Services Computing (TSC), Trans. Cloud Computing (TCC), ICDCS, INFOCOM, BigData, CCGrid, and ICSOC.
Journal and Magazine Articles
- Monitoring Elastically Adaptive Cloud Services. Trihinas, D.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2016
Enabling Interoperable Cloud Application Management through an Open Source Ecosystem. Loulloudes, N.; Sofokleous, C.; Trihinas, D.; Dikaiakos, M. D.; and Pallis, G. IEEE Internet Computing, 19(3):54–59. 2015.
- Evaluating cloud service elasticity behavior. Copil, G.; Trihinas, D.; Truong, H.; Moldovan, D.; Pallis, G.; Dustdar, S.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, November/December, 2015.
- Improving Rule-Based Elasticity Control by Adapting the Sensitivity of the Auto-Scaling Decision Timeframe. Trihinas, D.; Georgiou, Z.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Algorithmic Aspects of Cloud Computing (ALGOCLOUD 2017), September, Vienna, Austria, 2017.
- ADMin: Adaptive Monitoring Dissemination for the Internet of Things. Trihinas, D.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2017), May, Atlanta, USA, 2017.
- AdaM: an Adaptive Monitoring Framework for Sampling and Filtering on IoT Devices. Trihinas, D.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2015), October, Santa Clara, USA, 2015.
- [Best Paper] ADVISE – a Framework for Evaluating Cloud Service Elasticity Behavior. Copil, G.; Trihinas, D.; Truong, H.; Moldovan, D.; Pallis, G.; Dustdar, S.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. In the 12th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2014). November, 2014.
- c-Eclipse: An Open-Source Management Framework for Cloud Applications. Sofokleous, C.; Loulloudes, N.; Trihinas, D.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. In the 20th European Conference on Parallel Processing (Europar 2014). August, 2014
- JCatascopia: Monitoring Elastically Adaptive Applications in the Cloud. Trihinas, D.; Pallis, G.; and Dikaiakos, M. D. In the 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGRID 2014), pages 226-235, May, Chicago, IL, USA, 2014.