Tue Jul 5, 2022
EMISPHER: Euro-Mediterranean Internet-Satellite Platform for Health, medical Education and Research
EMISPHER (Euro-Mediterranean Internet-Satellite Platform for Health, Education and Research) is a project co-funded by the European Commission in the frame of the programme EUMEDIS that aims at promoting cooperation between the countries of the mediterranean area.
The 17 project partners are mostly institutions from the Health sector : hospitals, medical faculties, agencies and ministries, associations, education centres etc.
Their role is to organise and participate to initiatives that aim to:
- Foster networking between all health care professionals in the Euro-Mediterranean countries
- Develop the virtual Euro-Mediterranean Medical University, establish durable medical and scientific links
- Offer high-level remote-consultation services and remote medical expertise
- Facilitate the participation of Mediterranean countries in medical and pharmacological research, as well as clinical tests</>
- Ensure the continuity of medical care in cases where patients have to be repatriated
- Contribute to a database comprising epidemiological information, medical education content.
For more information visit our local site at http://www.grid.ucy.ac.cy/emispher/