The 17 project partners are mostly institutions from the Health sector : hospitals, medical faculties, agencies and ministries, associations, education centres etc.
Their role is to organise and participate to initiatives that aim to:
- Foster networking between all health care professionals in the Euro-Mediterranean countries
- Develop the virtual Euro-Mediterranean Medical University, establish durable medical and scientific links
- Offer high-level remote-consultation services and remote medical expertise
- Facilitate the participation of Mediterranean countries in medical and pharmacological research, as well as clinical tests
- Ensure the continuity of medical care in cases where patients have to be repatriated
- Contribute to a database comprising epidemiological information, medical education content.
EMISPHER 3rd Euro-Mediterranean Conference: "2004cc:Continuity of Care in e-Health"